CALL FOR PAPERS / POSTERSWISERD Annual Conference 2024
We are delighted to announce that the call for papers is now OPEN for the WISERD Annual Conference 2024.
WISERD Annual Conference 2024University of South Wales Wednesday 3 and Thursday 4 July 2024 The theme for our annual conference is ‘Aspiring to achieve a fairer society’.
What would a fairer society look like? How can social science research deepen our understanding of the mechanisms that lead to long-term and persistent inequalities? How can we contribute to impactful policies that can deliver a more fair and inclusive society?
The 2024 WISERD Annual Conference will bring these questions to bear on a range of fields that have implications for policy and practice including:
- Citizenship, rights and civic stratification
- Machines and AI in an unequal world
- Climate justice and place-based policies
- Language, identity and inclusion
- Alternative approaches to measuring poverty and inequality
- Data and analysis for a fairer society
- Educational outcomes and lifecourse transitions
- Work, liveability and social justice
- Prefiguring alternative social and economic systems
- Geographies of inequality and social justice
- Crime, criminal justice and social inclusion
Papers and posters on other topics within the theme not covered by the above sub-themes are also welcome.
This year we would like to invite proposals for paper presentations, workshops/interactive sessions, posters/exhibits, or colloquia in any discipline that engages with social sciences.
The deadline for abstract submission is 9am on Friday 19 January 2024.
Please submit your abstracts to WISERDAnnualConference@cardiff.ac.uk.
Please be aware that there is limited accommodation available for this year’s WISERD conference. Please can you let us know as soon as possible if you require accommodation on either 2 or 3 July, and your name will be added to a waiting list. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee accommodation for all attendees and we will provide this on a first come, first served basis.